Which areas are open?
- The Stavros Niarchos Park, the Canal and the Agora are open for you to enjoy, and there is also access to the Playgrounds, the Water Jets and the Musical Garden.
Park Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday: 06:00-00:00 & Friday – Sunday: 06:00-02:00.
Guided tours at the Stavros Niarchos Park and the SNFCC buildings take place with a reduced number of participants and following all the necessary safety measures.
- The Lighthouse and the Running Track are open to the public.
Monday – Thursday: 06:00-00:00 & Friday – Sunday: 06:00-02:00
- Access to the bike lane has now been fully restored.
For your convenience, additional toilet cubicles have been installed at the Park Kiosk and the Pine Grove.
- The Outdoor Gym and Outdoor Games Area.
- All indoor areas at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera.
From July 6th and onwards, the National Library of Greece has gradually started to re-operate. For more information, read here.
For information on the resumption of the Greek National Opera services, please consult its official website.
At the SNFCC, we operate in strict compliance with all protection and social distancing measures in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
- Mandatory use of mask in indoor areas at the SNFCC.
- Mandatory use of mask for all attendants of events (concerts, cinema, lectures, etc.).
- Mandatory use of mask where not possible to keep the distance of at least 1.5 meters.
- Strong recommendation to use a mask in all open spaces, especially for those 65+.
- Thorough disinfections of public spaces and WCs are carried out daily, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
- We enforce all appropriate measures for personal hygiene and protection. We therefore ask our visitors to make use of the hand sanitizers available at our facilities, maintain safety distances, and wear a mask, where necessary.
- We systematically evaluate visitor numbers and, in the event that overcrowding occurs, no new visitors will be admitted, nor will there be the option to queue for entry.
For your convenience, real-time information on visitor concentration levels is available throughout the day at snfcc.org, to help you plan your visit to the SNFCC easily and safely.
- The capacity of public elevators has been significantly reduced. Only a limited number of visitors may enter the elevators at any one time, and the use of a mask is compulsory.
- The number of chairs available at the Stavros Niarchos Park has been reduced, in order to prevent overcrowding.
- On the occasion of the exceedance of the Great Lawn’s visitors maximum capacity, the scheduled film screenings will be cancelled.
- Our staff and security personnel are present both within the Park and at entry and exit gates, in order to discourage instances of overcrowding.
- You may use the breastfeeding room and baby changing facilities at the ground level of the National Library of Greece. For your safety, disinfections are carried out on a regular basis.
- Finally, we would like to inform you that accessories such as headphones and kids’ helmets are not currently being provided.
Access to the SNFCC
- Shuttle bus service is available daily to our visitors. Check the routes.
- The parking operates on a 24-hour basis, and the automatic payment machines are disinfected at regular intervals.
- For access to the SNFCC using Public Transport (buses or trolleys), read more here.
Cycling at the SNFCC
Access to the bike lane has been fully restored.
However, the SNFCC bicycle rental service is temporarily unavailable in compliance with public health measures. You may arrive to the SNFCC on your own bicycle, and use the following parking areas: 1) at the entrance of the SNFCC Parking (Peisistratou & Sachtouri Street), 2) at the Visitors’ Center (Evripidou & Doiranis Street), or 3) at the taxi rank.
Services for Persons with Disabilities
- All open entry gates to the SNFCC are accessible to Persons with Disabilities, and entrances to all areas are fitted with automatic doors that open at the touch of a button, to facilitate wheelchair access.
- During this time, the SNFCC can provide wheelchairs to anyone who requires them only upon prior arrangement by telephone.
- Twenty (20) dedicated Disabled parking spaces are available at the ground level of the car park building. (The entrance to the parking is at 1 Peisistratou Street.)
- In addition, Disabled toilets have been installed at the Pine Grove and the Park Kiosk.
Activities & Play at the SNFCC
We observe social distancing and personal hygiene measures. Let’s stay safe while having fun!
- The Water Jets (09:00-15:00 & 17:00-22:00) and the Playgrounds are open to children every day.
- The Dancing Fountains at the Canal captivate us with their aquatic choreographies and their enchanting melodies!
- Athletic Activities have returned to the Park, with a reduced number of participants, pre-bookings, and in compliance with all appropriate protection measures. Our programs for children and adults promote wellbeing, strengthening, and all the beneficial effects of exercise.
- Alongside the events held at our facilities, we also offer an extensive digital program for all ages, as part of the #snfccAtHome series!
Food & Beverage Outlets and SNFCC Store
- The SNFCC offers a number of food & beverage spots for you to enjoy your coffee or meal. All canteens and outdoor food and drink outlets are open for service, in strict compliance with Hellenic Public Health Organization protection measures, and safety distances between tables and chairs.
- The SNFCC Store is open to welcome you once again, both within the SNFCC and online (Monday – Sunday, 10:00-22:00). Discover a range of objects inspired by the SNFCC – the Stavros Niarchos Park, the National Library of Greece, and the Greek National Opera, as well as handmade creations, books, and Greek designer objects!
Information regarding your visit
If you have any questions or require more information during your visit, please drop by the Visitors’ Center, the Central Reception and the Lighthouse Reception, daily between 09:00 and 22:00, or the outdoor Receptions at the Agora and the Great Lawn, in the afternoons.
For information and clarifications before your visit, please contact us at email@example.com, or by telephone on 216 8091000.