The Dancing Fountains at the SNFCC Canal include 59 vertical water jets in line with the architectural design by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop, together with 10 swiveling fountains, forming a powerful light, sound, and water display that captivate visitors day and night: Special LED lights are installed underwater.
The Dancing Fountains have constructed thanks to the initiative and funding of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
Dancing Fountains' Schedule
The SNFCC Dancing Fountains present daily spectacular water shows inspired by melodies of great composers and beloved pop songs.
The water shows are presented everyday for every half an hour from 10.00 to 15.00 and from 18.00 to 21.00.
Including the following choreographies:
- ABBA, Dancing Queen
- Dmitri Shostakovich, Waltz No2, from Jazz Suite No2
- Ennio Morricone, The Ecstasy of Gold
- Georges Bizet, Habanera
- Gustav Holst, The Planets: Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity
- Nacio Herb Brown, Singing in the rain
- Pharrell Williams, Happy
- Ram Jam, Black Betty
- George Koumentakis, Serra
- Manos Hadjidakis, Dance with My Own Shadow, from Gioconda's smile
- Nikos Skalkottas, Epirot Dance (Ser. I/4)
- Giacomo Puccini, Madama Butterfly, Act II, Un bel di vedremo (Instrumental)
* Weather permitting