* Considering the hard times our fellow citizens are going through due to the wildfires and the adverse atmospheric conditions in Athens, the screening is cancelled.
In this summer’s Park Your Cinema Kids, we invite our young film buffs and their families to discover incredible heroes in worlds that defy the imagination, to embrace tales based on compassion, and to build bridges that abolish differences and create a universe of love and trust.
In all of these stories, the heroes break away from the safety of their world (like Elsa and Anna, who seek the truth beyond Arendelle), choose their unexpected families (like Paddington, the lovable bear, in London), meet the friends with whom they’ll share unforgettable adventures (like the boy who forges an unbreakable bond with the Iron Giant), choose kindness over prejudice (like Shaun the Sheep, when he comes across an alien weed) and, of course, the adventure that makes all of this possible (like the revelation of the Giant Pear).
Every day, kids are faced with the reminder that the world around us is not black and white: it is multicolored, multifaceted, complex, like these wonderful films chosen by the Athens International Children’s Film Festival, which make up the most exciting summer cinema season at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
Gnome Alone (2017):
When Chloe moves to her new home with her mother, she discovers that the ornamental gnomes in her garden are not what they seem. She must decide whether to carry on with her peaceful family and school life, or if she will join the war against the Troggs to save the planet from the hungry aliens. An incredible tale with plenty of humor and valuable messages on the importance of love, friendship, kindness and faith in your true self, and a catchy pop soundtrack by Becky G.
Director: Peter Lepeniotis
Dubbed in Greek.
The opportunity to attend the screening, in compliance with all necessary measures of safety in accordance with the Hellenic National Public Health Organization, will be given to a limited number of viewers, through advance online pre-registration.
Saturday 07/08 | 21.00
Free entrance by online pre-registration.
* For their comfort, audience members are advised to bring along a beach mat or throw to sit on.
- There is a purchase limit of up to four tickets per person.
- Doors open at 19.00.
- Pre-registration is valid up to 30 minutes (20:30) before the start of the event, providing your validated booking ticket. Visitors are advised to be at the location, and any pre-registration will be canceled 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the event. With each booking ticket, you will be given a unique seat.
- Changes on seat numbers or movements during the event are not allowed.
- Pre-registration is required for both adults and children, in compliance with all necessary measures of safety in accordance with the Hellenic National Public Health Organization. No order of priority will be available on-site.
- All SNFCC areas are accessible to people with disabilities.
For more information or clarifications, please contact the SNFCC switchboard on 216 8091000.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
Due to public health measures, there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.
Park your cinema, Park Your Cinema Docs and Park your cinema Kids series are free and open to all, thanks to an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.