Committed to sustainable mobility, SNFCC fosters a bicycle culture, encouraging the use of bicycles as a means of transport, exercise and recreation.
- A 2.5km bike lane has been created on the perimeter of SNFCC. It is linked to the bike lane network of Kallithea and Athens metropolitan bike lane network;
- There are secure bicycle parking racks in various SNFCC areas for those who opt to arrive by bike;
- In 2017, we carried out a number of bike–related free and open activities for the public: from seminars and workshops to cycling classes for both young and old, and from cycling races to free bicycle tuneups;
- In March 2017, a 75-bike rental service for adults and children was launched. Our bicycles were used more than 38,000 times by SNFCC’s visitors in 2017.
GETTING TO SNFCC
- Throughout 2017, a free shuttle bus service was provided on the Syntagma- Fix Metro Station – SNFCC route, which served 90,000 passengers;
- In cooperation with Athens Transport, a bus stop was installed within SNFCC, serving seasonal line X80 as a pilot project;
- In 2017, a traffic study was sponsored by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. It has been already approved by relevant public administration departments and the Kallithea Municipal Council. The study includes a series of recommendations to mitigate traffic impact around SNFCC and several steps to improve public transport service, including:
- Route modifications on bus lines 910, 860, X80, as well as launching a new bus line between Fix Metro Station and SNFCC;
- Modifications on Pisistratou, Navarchou Votsi, Filippou, Evripidou, Lysikratous and Isminis streets around SNFCC.