Wednesday 15 September 2021 19:00
The talk will discuss Takis’ life and career and focus on the ways he incorporated invisible energies as a “fourth dimension” in his work. A special topic will be the artist’s discovery of magnetism as a subject and material—how it changed the face of art in the twentieth century and how it still resonates today.
Toby Kamps is Director of External Projects at White Cube London, which represents Takis’ estate. Before moving to London in 2018, he was a curator and director at museums of contemporary art in the United States, organizing exhibitions and writing on the work of artists including Claes Oldenburg, Ellsworth Kelly, Vanessa Beecroft, Luc Tuymans, Wols and many others. He is currently an editor-at-large for the Brooklyn Rail, a print and online art and culture magazine based in New York. In 2015, as Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Menil Collection in Houston, he organized the exhibition Takis: The Fourth Dimension and interviewed the artist in his Athens studio.
The discussion will be held indoors (for a fully vaccinated audience). You may watch the event live on this page, as well as on SNFCC's Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Maximum audience capacity: 231
Lighthouse 15/09 |19:00
Free admission by online pre-registration
*Pre-registration for the Members starts on Thursday 09/09 at 10.00
*Pre-registration for the audience starts on Friday 10/09 at 10.00
- There is a purchase limit of up to four tickets per person.
- Doors open at 18:00.
- Entrance will be possible up to 10 minutes before the commencement of the event.
- With each booking ticket, you will be given a unique seat.
- Changes on seat numbers or movements during the event are not allowed.
- Pre-registration is required for both adults and children, in compliance with all necessary measures of safety in accordance with the Hellenic National Public Health Organization. No order of priority will be available on-site.
- In order for the audience to enter the artistic events that take place indoors, the presentation of a valid vaccination certificate or certificate of recovery is required, or, in case of minors above the age of 12, a declaration of negative self-test result, in accordance with the provisions of Joint Ministerial Decision no. Δ1α/ΓΠ.οικ. 53950 (ΦΕΚ 4054 / Β/04-09-2021). Attendees are required to wear a face mask and observe the social distancing rules, upon entrance and for the entire duration of the events and according to the instructions of the National Public Health Organization (NPHO). An identity check of the person presenting the required document, will be carried out, as prescribed by the law.
- All SNFCC areas are accessible to people with disabilities.
For more information or clarifications, please contact the SNFCC switchboard on 216 8091000.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
Due to public health measures, there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.
The events are part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation grant. Along with the majority of its events, offered free of charge thanks to the SNF grants, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center also organizes