* Considering the hard times our fellow citizens are going through due to the wildfires and the adverse atmospheric conditions in Athens, the screening is cancelled.
For the sixth summer running, Park Your Cinema, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC’s) series of open-air cinema projections, welcomes the public.
This year, for the selection of films addressed to adult viewers, the SNFCC inaugurates its partnership with the Thessaloniki International Film Festival (TIFF), the country’s most prestigious film institution.
This summer, therefore, when our need to laugh is greater than ever, the TIFF presents a series of films that prove that comedy is, after all, a very serious matter.
A group of London LGBT activists arrives to a small Welsh town to support a handful of striking miners and their families, who are standing up against Margaret Thatcher’s neo-liberal policies. The events that transpire snowball and sweep all the protagonists into a process of reexamining their views on life. With humor and social sensitivity, and following in the footsteps of films such as The Full Monty and Billy Elliott, Matthew Warchus’ movie shines a light onto a lesser-known chapter of British history.
Directed by: Matthew Warchus
Starring: Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton, Dominic West, Paddy Considine, Andrew Scott
The opportunity to attend the screening, in compliance with all necessary measures of safety in accordance with the Hellenic National Public Health Organization, will be given to a limited number of viewers, through advance online pre-registration.
Friday 06/08 | 21.00
Free entrance by online pre-registration
* For their comfort, audience members are advised to bring along a beach mat or throw to sit on.
- There is a purchase limit of up to four tickets per person.
- Doors open at 19.00.
- Pre-registration is valid up to 30 minutes (20:30) before the start of the event, providing your validated booking ticket. Visitors are advised to be at the location, and any pre-registration will be canceled 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the event. With each booking ticket, you will be given a unique seat.
- Changes on seat numbers or movements during the event are not allowed.
- Pre-registration is required for both adults and children, in compliance with all necessary measures of safety in accordance with the Hellenic National Public Health Organization. No order of priority will be available on-site.
- All SNFCC areas are accessible to people with disabilities.
For more information or clarifications, please contact the SNFCC switchboard on 216 8091000.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
Due to public health measures, there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.
Park your cinema, Park Your Cinema Docs and Park your cinema Kids series are free and open to all, thanks to an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.