8Chess is much more than a board game. It is decoded thoughts, actions and methods. It is based on mathematics and psychology, while the element of luck has no bearing upon the outcome. Chess gives players the opportunity to hone their skills in observation, concentration and the ability to predict their opponent’s moves. Most of all, however, chess players learn to show respect.
The workshop is designed for children who have no previous knowledge of chess, as well as for children who already know the rules of the game. Children learn to cultivate, through chess, strategic thinking and decision-making skills in a fun and creative way.
Design - Implementation: Regeneration & Progress
Sunday 4, 25/07
18.00 - 18.45 & 19.00 - 19.45
1st slot: 18.00 - 18.45, for children who do not know the rules
2nd slot: 19.00 - 19.45, for children who know the rules
For children aged 6-12
Free admission through online pre-registration
Up to 10 participants per slot
Children should always be accompanied by parents or adult chaperones, who should stay outside the activity area for as long as the activity lasts.
Participants are advised to arrive at the event venue at least 15 minutes before the start of the session.
Participant safety information:
- The use of a non-medical face mask is mandatory for participants with the exception of people with respiratory problems for whom the mask is not indicated for reasons proven by medical records.
- Participants are advised to use hand sanitizer, and maintain safety distances in accordance with guidelines and signage.
- Single-use Personal Safety Equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) must be discarded immediately after use in the yellow bins provided.
- The shared use of objects (pencils, pens, papers, books, etc.) should be avoided.
- Participants are also advised to bring mosquito-repellent.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
Due to public health measures, there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.