Watch the event:
Bicycles, motorcycles, cars, buses, trucks...A thousand good ones fit?
A discussion about everyday life on the streets of Athens and the experiences of drivers of different kinds of vehicles, always with a view to improving the city’s future. Institutions and bicycle users will discuss what it is like to move in the same space using public transport.
We will talk about the problems and opportunities arising from this co-existence, the Road Traffic Code, the need for holistic training of motor vehicle drivers, and our thoughts on the future of cycling on the streets of Athens, as shaped by today's reality.
The discussion will be moderated by Spyros Papageorgiou, Founding Member and Development Director of the organization "Cities for Bicycles".
The panel of speakers consists of:
- George Amyras, Deputy Minister of Environment
- Stratos Papadimitriou, Professor at the University of Piraeus
- Dimitris Apostolidis, Director General of Transport and Commercial Development OASA
- Kimon Logothetis, Driving Instructor Trainer, Traffic Management and Road Safety Consultant of Attica Region
- Dimitrios Gagastathis, Tourist Police Department with bicycles, Hellenic Police
Tuesday 21/09 | 19:00- 20:30
Free of charge online preregistration required
online preregistration (Memebers)
online preregistration (Public)
There will be simultaneous interpretation in Greek Sign Language.
You can actively participate in the discussion by asking your questions here, as well as watching the event live on the SNFCC YouTube channel.
*Pre-registration for the Members starts on Monday 13/09 at 10.00
*Pre-registration for the audience starts on Tuesday 14/09 at 10.00
- There is a purchase limit of up to four tickets per person.
- Doors open at 18:00.
- Entrance will be possible up to 10 minutes before the commencement of the event.
- With each booking ticket, you will be given a unique seat.
- Changes on seat numbers or movements during the event are not allowed.
- Pre-registration is required for both adults and children, in compliance with all necessary measures of safety in accordance with the Hellenic National Public Health Organization. No order of priority will be available on-site.
- According to the latest emergency measures to protect public health from the risk of spreading COVID-19, a valid vaccination certificate or disease certificate is required for the public to enter the event venue, as the venue operates as a pure venue. The above applies to adults, as well as to minors from 12 years and over, while minors from 4 to 11 years can alternatively submit a statement of self-test (self test) of the last twenty-four hours, according to the provisions of Joint Ministerial Decision no. . Δ1 α / ΓΠ.οικ.57069 / 2021 (ΦΕΚ 4337 / Β / 18-9-2021). Participants must wear a mask and keep their distance both during attendance and during events and in accordance with the instructions of EODY. A parallel identity check will be carried out on the persons who show the required certificates, as provided by law.
- All SNFCC areas are accessible to people with disabilities.
The discussion will take place in the presence of an audience in a purely indoor space (ie for a fully vaccinated audience). For this reason, it is required to present a valid vaccination certificate or disease certificate valid for up to 6 months after the disease. The entrance is done with the use of the mask and with the observance of the distances both during the attendance and during the events and according to the instructions of the Greek National Public Health Organization (NPHO).
For all cases of an official document demonstration, a parallel identity check of the holder will be carried out.
Public health measures may lead to changes either in relation to the staging of the event or in relation to the maximum number of participants.
See all the actions of the SNFCC for the European Mobility Week 2021, here