On the occasion of 2021, a landmark year for Greece, the creative embroidery workshop draws its inspiration from people whose actions and work changed the course of history and left an indelible mark upon our society. In previous workshops, we embroidered personalities from the realms of science, politics and the arts.
Beginning from the materials and preparatory work required to get started with embroidery, we will move on to learning the basic techniques that we will use in order to complete our handiwork and initiate each participant into the creative world of embroidery.
The workshop is suitable for complete beginners, as well as for those who would like to try embroidering something new.
In the final workshop of the series, we will pay homage to athletes, drawing our inspiration from the Olympic Games and the values of fair play and good sportsmanship that they promote. We will embroider the emblem of the Olympic Games, the five circles that symbolize unity between nations, as conceived by Pierre de Coubertin, the father of the modern Olympics.
Design – Implementation: 50 Stitches of Greece
Up to 22 participants
Free participation through online pre-registration
Pre-registration starts on Wednesday 09/06 at 12.00
Participant safety information:
- The use of a non-medical face mask is mandatory for participants with the exception of people with respiratory problems for whom the mask is not indicated for reasons proven by medical records.
- Participants are advised to use hand sanitizer, and maintain safety distances in accordance with guidelines and signage.
- Single-use Personal Safety Equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) must be discarded immediately after use in the yellow bins provided.
- The shared use of objects (pencils, pens, papers, books, etc.) should be avoided.
- Participants are also advised to bring mosquito-repellent.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
Due to public health measures, there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.
The themed events programming Faces of the Hero is realized thanks to the exclusive grant by Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).