Hercules, Achilles, Robin Hood, Albert Einstein, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Harry Potter, Giannis Antetokounmpo. Mythical, epic, historical and fictional characters, personalities of politics, science and sports, are hero-worshiped and become role models and a source of inspiration for mankind.
Why are they described as heroes? Is a hero only someone who demonstrates courage, bravery and self-sacrifice in order to help people, or are our parents, perhaps, heroes too?
In this creative workshop, through short presentations/discussions, children will discover the features of heroic ideals and draw, from their own imagination, mythical, historical, fictional or everyday heroes, following comic book techniques.
In our final meeting of the “All Weather Heroes” workshop, we will look for the heroes in our own lives. Who are our own, personal heroes? Who are the people we admire every day, for the virtues they demonstrate and the way they deal with difficulties?
Design – Implementation: Thanasis Petrou, Cartoonist - Educator
For children aged 9-12 years old
Up to 22 participants
Free participation through online pre-registration
Pre-registration starts on Friday 04/06 at 12.00
Children should always be accompanied by parents or adult chaperones, who should stay outside the activity area for as long as the activity lasts.
Participant safety information:
- The use of a non-medical face mask is mandatory for participants with the exception of people with respiratory problems for whom the mask is not indicated for reasons proven by medical records.
- Participants are advised to use hand sanitizer, and maintain safety distances in accordance with guidelines and signage.
- Single-use Personal Safety Equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) must be discarded immediately after use in the yellow bins provided.
- The shared use of objects (pencils, pens, papers, books, etc.) should be avoided.
- Participants are also advised to bring mosquito-repellent.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
Due to public health measures, there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.
The themed events programming Faces of the Hero is realized thanks to the exclusive grant by Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).