Tuesday 16 July 2019 21:00
Wednesday 17 July 2019 21:00
Thursday 18 July 2019 21:00
Wednesday 24 July 2019 21:00More dates (8)
Thursday 25 July 2019 21:00
Friday 26 July 2019 21:00
Tuesday 30 July 2019 21:00
Wednesday 31 July 2019 21:00
Thursday 01 August 2019 21:00
Tuesday 06 August 2019 21:00
Wednesday 07 August 2019 21:00
Thursday 08 August 2019 21:00
Following the show's success SNFCC announces three more shows that are to take place in August, specifically 06, 07 & 08/08!
The brand-new Dome, which was installed in the SNFCC’s Labyrinth during the SNF’s Summer Nostos Festival, welcomes Cirko Cachivache from 16 July and for a limited number of shows. Acrobats, musicians, jugglers, clowns and actors transform the brand-new Dome installed in Stavros Niarchos Park’s Labyrinth into a spectacular circus show that will blow you away, irrespective of age! Impressive acrobatics, live music, singing, dancing, acting and Chinese martial-art elements fuse into an exciting spectacle for children and adults alike.
Established in 2010, Cirko Cachivache is a collective of circus, theater and music artists, rooted in new circus and street theater. New circus combines the traditional circus ingredients with fresh styles, making the circus relevant for new generations of audiences. Cirko Cachivache has adopted the key components of new circus: acrobatics and flying acrobatics, theater, juggling, comic and dramatic action, and live music. Characteristically, all company members are equally at home singing, dancing, playing music, performing acrobatics and juggling.
Cirko Cachivache has performed throughout Greece and other countries, in open-air and indoor venues, festivals, public squares and parks; their shows have been loved by people of all ages: Their earlier production, Molly’s Dream (Palace Theater, 2016/7) was enjoyed by more than 40,000 viewers.
The Dome was made possible by a new grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) as part of its ongoing support to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. In addition to overseeing the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, a project made possible by SNF grant, the Foundation continues to support SNFCC A.E. in organizing a wide range of public events as well as building new infrastructure augmenting the original project, including the Dome and the recent water installation at the Canal, to enrich the SNFCC experience. The Dome was built to hold productions and shows in spectacular new sets several times during the year as well as to provide an indoor venue for both winter and summer in the Stavros Niarchos Park.
A few words about the story
Kin’s is a peaceful realm. The virtuous king and his wise queen rule in peace, respecting nature and taking good care of their subjects. The lake that ensures the livelihood of the kingdom, providing water for humans, animals and vegetation, is worshipped as a deity. When the King’s evil brother dries the lake and causes aridity, all seems to be lost for the kingdom. A young heroine, magically born of a cherry tree, seems bent on bringing back the rain. Nevertheless, when the moment comes she loses her nerve – will she finally overcome her fear and save the kingdom?
Rich in mythological allusions, the plot seeks to encourage viewers to bond with nature, promoting a message of environmental awareness.
- Screenplay – direction – dramaturg: Manuk Karyotakis
- Music: Cirko Cachivache, Michalis Stefanidis
- Set designer: Christos Konstantellos
- Movement designer: Cirko Cachivache, Kiki Baka
- Lighting designer: Anna Sbokou
- Fotis Athanassiou: trombone, vocals, actor
- Manuk Karyotakis: vocals, acrobatics, juggling, actor
- Vangelis Kritikos: percussion, actor
- Suzana Lavea: acrobatics, juggling, actor
- Thanassis Makos: daouli, kaval, actor
- Spyros Mastoras: bass, trombone, juggling, actor
- Angeliki Merentiti: acrobatics, juggling, actor
- Yorgos Papadopoulos: acrobatics, actor
- Alvaro Ramirez: acrobatics, juggling, actor
- Michalis Stefanidis: guitar, trumpet, electric piano, actor
- Antonia Sotiropoulou: acrobatics, actor
- Polychronis Tomboris: acrobatics, juggling, actor
- Chryssa Traikopoulou: acrobatics, actor
16-18, 24-26, 30, 31/07 & 01/08
New shows at 06,07 & 08/08
All shows start at 21.00 with a duration of 90ʹ and no intermission.
The Dome is accessible to people with disabilities and wheelchairs and the space is air-conditioned.
For children aged 5+
Free admission by online preregistration
On the day of the event, a waiting list will be available 60' before the start (up to 2 tickets per person).
For the shows that run between 16/07 and 18/07
- Preregistration for Members (limited number of seats) starts on Monday 08/07 at 12.00
- Preregistration for the public starts on Tuesday 09/07 at 12.00
For the shows that run between 24/07 and 26/07
- Preregistration for Members (limited number of seats) starts on Monday 15/07 at 12.00
- Preregistration for the public starts on Tuesday 16/07 at 12.00
For the shows that run between 30/07 and 31/07, as well as for the show on 01/08
- Preregistration for Members (limited number of seats) starts on Monday 22/07 at 12.00
- Preregistration for the public starts on Tuesday 23/07 at 12.00
For the new shows that run between 06/08 and 08/08
- Preregistration for Members (limited number of seats) starts on Monday 29/07 at 12.00
- Preregistration for the public starts on Tuesday 30/07 at 12.00