Monday 09 March 2020
Due to a health problem of soprano Alexia Voulgaridou, the ERT National Symphony Orchestra's concert scheduled for Monday, March 9th at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is cancelled.
For refund please follow the steps below:
• For tickets purchased online or over the phone, your card will be refunded automatically and no action is required on your part
• For tickets purchased at the Greek National Opera box office with cash, please visit the box office for your refund (until 05/04)
• For tickets purchased at the Greek National Opera box office with card, the card will automatically be refunded and no action is required on your part
• For tickets purchased at Ticket Services box office (Panepistimiou 39) with cash or card, please visit the Ticket Services box office for your refund (until 05/04)
Alexia Voulgaridou, soprano
George Petrou, musical director
The ERT National Symphony Orchestra is joined by the internationally acclaimed soprano Alexia Voulgaridou under the baton of multi-award-winning conductor George Petrou to revisit four admirable music pieces.
Having performed in the world’s most famous opera houses, Alexia Voulgaridou arrives at the SNFCC as a guest of the ERT National Symphony Orchestra to sing Richard Strauss’ epic song cycle, Four Last Songs.
The program also includes three more masterful music pieces, which as a whole hark back to the 19th century, while prefiguring a new music language dedicated to “dated” lyricism.
Wielding the baton will be George Petrou, a well-travelled conductor, in a balancing act between the impressionistic sound colors of Debussy ("Prélude à l'après midi d'un faune") and Ravel ("La Valse") as well as the romantic lyricism of Mahler ("Blumine") and Strauss ("Vier Letzte Lieder").
With Greek subtitles
In case of postponement or cancellation of the event due to public health measures you will be notified via email. For information and updates on the SNFCC event schedule please visit our website snfcc.org.
Monday 09/03 | 20.30
For ages 6+
Admission: €10 & €5 (reduced-rate ticket)
Reduced-rate tickets (€5) are available for students, seniors 65+, children and young people aged 6–18, unemployed, large families and Kallithea municipality residents.
*Pre-sale starts on Monday 17/02 for the SNFCC Members (Up to 400 seats for Members and Guest).
*Pre-sale starts on Tuesday 18/02 for the public.
- Ticket services website: www.ticketservices.gr
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (GNO ticket office)
- box office: Ticket Services, 39 Panepistimiou Street (Pesmazoglou Arcade)
- telephone: +30 210 7234567 (Ticket Services)
For more information, please contact SNFCC call center at +30 216 8091000.