Listen to the recorded concert as part of the Jazz Chronicles series here.
The recording will remain available on the SNFCC website.
In September 2018, Jazz Chronicles – SNFCC’s concert series – welcomed a music trio led by the acclaimed Greek jazz pianist George Kontrafouris, whose group, Baby Trio, has been testament to the value of artistic renewal and youthful creativity.
Formed in 2008 to capture the pure energy and youthful enthusiasm of young musicians starting out in a band, as well to serve as a school for young musicians, Baby Trio has gone through many incarnations.
When they turn 25, Baby Trio members give their places to new ones. In the trio edition at SNFCC, Kontrafouris played Hammond organ, accompanied by a young guitarist and a young drummer. In 2018, Baby Trio celebrated its tenth anniversary by giving a concert at SNFCC and releasing an album on vinyl and CD in late 2018. This concert featured Baby Trio’s members, as well as many of the group’s former members:
A warm thank you to the musicians of the concert:
George Kontrafouris, Hammond organ
Kostis Fanaras, guitar
Hector Remsak, drums
Konstantinos Stouraitis, guitar
Alexander Vichos, guitar
Yannis Papadoulis, drums
Vasilis Podaras, drums
Vangelis Kotzabassis, drums
Dimitra Kokkinopoulou, guest vocals
The concert features covers and compositions by Baby Trio’s members:
- Watching The Girls Go By (Composition: George Kontrafouris)
- Volcano (Composition: Kostis Fanaras)
- Season of the witch (cover of Donovan’s song)
- Little Wing (cover of Jimi Hendrix’s song)
- Coconut Grove (cover of Loving Spoonful’s song)
- 4 leg love (Composition: George Kontrafouris/Lyrics: Dimitra Kokkinopoulou)
- Compared to what (cover of Gene McDaniels’s song)
- The Big Four (Composition: Konstantinos Stouraitis)
- Undercover (Composition: George Kontrafouris)
- Mr.K (Composition: Konstantinos Stouraitis)
- Urban Jazz (Composition: George Kontrafouris)
- Five to Seven (Composition: Alexander Vichos)
- Ballerina’s shoe (Composition: George Kontrafouris)
- Highway to hell (cover of AC-DC song)
Sound engineer: View Master Films
Mixing/mastering: Giorgos Mantas