For the sixth summer running, Park Your Cinema, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC’s) series of open-air cinema projections, welcomes the public.
This year, for the selection of films addressed to adult viewers, the SNFCC inaugurates its partnership with the Thessaloniki International Film Festival (TIFF), the country’s most prestigious film institution.
This summer, therefore, when our need to laugh is greater than ever, the TIFF presents a series of films that prove that comedy is, after all, a very serious matter.
The Royal Tenenbaums(2001):
Beloved director Wes Anderson turns his lens onto an eccentric and dysfunctional family. The three child prodigies of the Tenenbaum family and their mother Etheline are each struggling with their own personal disillusionment. When father and husband, Royal, who had abandoned his family unexpectedly, returns and seeks to reunite with them, they are all forced to redefine their relationships with each other and themselves. A bittersweet, tender comedy by one of the most exciting contemporary American directors.
Directed by: Wes Anderson, Screenplay: Wes Anderson, Owen Wilson
Starring: Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, Danny Glover
The opportunity to attend the screening, in compliance with all necessary measures of safety in accordance with the Hellenic National Public Health Organization, will be given to a limited number of viewers, through advance online pre-registration.
Friday 30/07 | 21.00
Free entrance by online pre-registration.
Pre-registration starts on Thursday 29/07 at 12.00 for the public.
B Zone (restricted visibility)
C Zone (highly restricted visibility)
* For their comfort, audience members are advised to bring along a beach mat or throw to sit on.
- There is a purchase limit of up to five tickets per person.
- Entrance is allowed to children over 12 years old.
- Doors open at 20.00.
- Visitors are advised to be at the location 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
- Entrance will be possible up to 10 minutes before the event's commencement.
- Pre-registration is required for both adults and children. No order of priority will be available on-site.
- All SNFCC areas are accessible to people with disabilities.
- For more information or clarifications, please contact the SNFCC switchboard on 216 8091000.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
Due to public health measures, there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.
Park your cinema, Park Your Cinema Docs and Park your cinema Kids series are free and open to all, thanks to an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.